Noise can absolutely change with load. At light load the SMPS may enter a pulse
skipping mode. Some keep pulse width constant and vary switching frequency with
load to effectively change duty cycle. Most (all?) will continuously modulate
the switching frequency over a small range to spread out the pulse energy. This
makes it much easier to come in under required limits, but also by the time
you're looking at harmonics up in our bands it's a big smudge of noise.

73,
Josh W6XU

Sent from my mobile device