From: "mjpilgrim" <mpilg...@bellsouth.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:32:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3 SVGA interference -

I wonder if this discussion and suggested ribbon clips address my issue. I
acquired my K3 this past summer and then a P3 off of eBay shortly
thereafter. I installed the SVGA adapter a couple months ago and I have a
problem which sounds similar to what is described in this thread. For lack
of a better description let me say this symptom happens only on
20Meters..... as I view my spectrum now from 14.250 to 14.350 the noise
floor rests basically around S-2 across the entire band, revealing a few
transmitted ham conversations, My center frequency on the scope is 14.300
and at this moment I see occasional noise peaks rising up to as high as S-5
in two or three instances approximately 10khz wide, and at times 20 khz or
wider. These noise peaks are not consistent with any observed or detected
human voice transmission. At times I can see a very broad band of noise on
the waterfall which spans the entirety of the floating noise floor. The
same observation occurs when I am tuned down in the CW portion of the band.

I don't recall if this observation was present prior to adding the SVGA
adapter, and I've not thought about opening the P3 to inspect or move any
cables.

I know this symptom can best be demonstrated with a photo, so if that would
be beneficial, I will be happy to oblige. Just let me know who needs to see
it.

This is certainly a very annoying issue I wish to resolve. I'm open to any
ideas or suggestions.
Thanks, Mike, K5MP

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/