Joe, you are the one who wrote:

"25 wpm is cw with training wheels.  In the real world people don't send
that slow.  Bummer."

A number of operators, myself included, have respectfully taken issue with
such an outlandish statement.

Now you say that such comments are of a "No Code / Know Code" vein. That's
equally absurd. I assure you that those ops who have never sent as fast as
20 or 25 WPM know the code, and a great many of them know it extremely well.

Ham radio, even the subset that involves only CW operations, has a very
broad spectrum of appeal for a great many reasons. The "rough and tumble"
sort of DX competition you are referring to is but one of those uses of CW.
It certainly does not represent all that CW, or Ham radio is all about nor,
I suspect, does it represent anything close to a majority of what Amateur CW
operations are all about.

You are welcome to enjoy the hobby as you please, as long as your operations
are in accordance with the regulations we all live with.

Your pursuit of even faster QSK operation is right in line with much of what
goes on here. Many of the interesting message threads here began with
someone's dissatisfaction of some aspect of the K2 that lead to
experimentation. Elecraft encourages such experimentation. A number of
significant improvements that began that way have become a part of the basic
K2 design over time.

Good luck with your pursuit.

Ron AC7AC