From: Vic K2VCO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Joseph Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2006 4:42:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] QSK Redux

Joseph Reed wrote:
> I asked a question about the audio "pop" that occurs in cw when T-R
> is set to 0 (QSK),  I discovered a 1993 thread that discussed
> lowering a resistance value.
>
> Two questions for those who have done it.  First how effective was
> it?  Meaning at what speed could you still hear between character
> elements

The best I could do with this and related mods was about 25 wpm.

> And did
> it have a deleterious effect on your transmit key form?

No.

> Also after
> you did the mod did it eliminate the pop, or just reduce it.

Various K2's seem to have different degrees of pops or clicks.  I
suggest that you look at <http://www.qslnet.de/member/la3za/K2/mod.html>
and look for related entries.  I found that adding the DSP and the
KPA100 complicates getting clean QSK.  I don't want to go into detail,
because my own observations have been inconsistent and I've made and
unmade so many changes that I'm confused about what works and what doesn't!
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco