Joe N9JR wrote:

25 wpm is cw with training wheels.  In the real world people don't send that
slow.  Bummer.

---------------------------

Joe, I think you might be exaggerating!

In 50+ years of pounding brass on the Ham bands from 160 meters through UHF,
the only time I've worked at 30 wpm or more with any regularity is when
working a small handful QRQ buddies. That totals much less than 0.1% of my
QSO's. 99% of the thousands and thousands of QSO's over the years are at 15
to 25 WPM. The remainder are real QRS working new Hams or OT's getting back
on CW at 10 wpm or less.

Good luck with the super QSK. Using more typical QSK settings, I don't have
any trouble hearing DX between letters if not between dits and dahs. All I
have to hear is that there's a signal on the DX station's frequency to make
me pause long enough to tell if it's the DX station. After all, I'm not
transmitting on his frequency so it doesn't cause any QRM if it takes me a
half second to react.

Ron AC7AC