The "instant gratification" factor is still alive and well, now fueled by all manner of digital gadgets. I'm a dinosaur, I suppose, but somehow I've never been able to warm up to any kind of radio communication technique for which my gray matter is not part of the demodulation chain (this includes RTTY). I don't even use telnet spots when I'm contesting. The idea of an overnight DXCC without intervention of carbon-based life forms leaves me cold, and is tantamount to fishing with dynamite in my eyes.

73...
Randy, W8FN (ex-WA9VZM)