On 6/1/2018 9:59 AM, Al Lorona wrote:
I wrote an April Fool's article back in like 1999 (I might still be able to
find it on dejanews) describing a make-believe ARRL contest which was totally
automated; contesters could come home from work and peruse their logs to see
what stations their computers had 'worked' that day.  When parody becomes
reality, it's no longer funny. I'm chagrined that that fictitious day appears
to have finally arrived.

I suspect you haven't used any of the WSJT modes. Operator skill and experience significantly increases the likelihood of completing QSOs, especially QSOs with stations that you want to work. Indeed, auto sequencing often gets in the way of that, responding to calls from locals when DX (or stations in rare grids) are calling you.

73, Jim K9YC