I recently brought my KPA/KAT500 north for the summer and hooked up to my
trapped multiband fan dipole that I use here in NJ. I leave my K3 here for
remote use and use the amp at my winter home in Florida to use with my Flex
6500 with a Steppir Vertical antenna without the KAT500 tuner. When I got up
here I installed the KIO3B option. The install went well with no issues, all
looked good so I connected the K3, P3, KAT500, and KPA500 with the Elecraft
provided cable set like I do every year.

 The issue I'm having is an SWR difference between the KAT500 and the K3. For
example if I use the K3's internal tuner I can on a chosen frequency achieve an
SWR of 1/1. I the put the internal K3 tuner in bypass mode and take the KAT500
out of bypass and set to auto. I then use the xmit button on the K3 to create a
tune signal to be sent to the KAT500. The K3 then shows a 1/1, the KAT500 about
the same but the KPA500 which is in STBY mode shows around 3/1. What this
causes to happen is the Amp will fault out if I try to use any power output. If
I check the antenna with a trusted SWR meter I see 1.3/1 at the frequency of
use. I upgraded the firmware in all the devices in use, I also did a reset of
the KAT's stored frequencies memory, and checked both the amp and tuner with
the utility programs. I'm going to call Elecraft on Monday, anyone have any
ideas in the meantime I can try?

73 Jeff kb2m