Jeff;

Do I understand that for the first test you are driving the antenna through the
KPA500 and KAT500 (with KAT500 in bypass)? If so, it makes a lot of sense that
you will see different SWR. The KPA and KAT are providing a completely
different load for the K3. The better test is to feed the antenna directly from
the K3 without the KPA and KAT in-line. I would expect you to see a closer
match at that point, although I doubt they will ever be identical due to the
differences in the directional couplers in the K3 vs the KAT500 (and KPA500 for
that matter).

Jack, W6FB