"/QRP often, but not always, indicates a field operation, and they're sort of
fun to work, at least for me."

And sometimes it means someone running 5 W to a 6 ele Yagi at 75 ft! That
station has far higher ERP that I do running 100 W with my modest antennas.

If I was portable in UK, where had my first licence, my call was g3wyc/p. US
operators have completely butchered and obfuscated the meaning of portable by
verbalizing k3wyc/7 as "k3wyc portable 7". The /7 suffix does not mean I am
portable. It just means I'm operating in region 7 and I'm saying so because it
is required for the contest in which I'm operating.

If you want special attention because you are portable why not indicate
portable rather than QRP?

73,

Andy k3wyc