Seem like much to do about nothing.

How about "stroke 7" or "slant 7"?

If I didn't need to get more QSLs with the call, I would use N7WS/60 this year, for my sixtieth year in ham radio.

Here's what the FCC thinks about the subject:

"In addition to the special event call sign system, any amateur station, including a special event station, may include with its assigned call sign one or more indicators (example "W1AW/national convention"). Each indicator must be separated from the assigned call sign by a slant ("/") or any suitable word that denotes the slant mark ("portable," "stroke," etc.). If the indicator is self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before and after, the assigned call sign (example "KP2/W1AW/contest"). No self-assigned indicator may conflict with any other indicator specified by the FCC Rules (such as "AA", "AG", "AE" or "KT") or with any prefix assigned to another country (such as "DL", "F", "G" or "VE")."

Wes  N7WS/60