      From: Martin Sole <hs0...@gmail.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:45 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 thermal clicks

I'm of the same mind, though a KPA1500 is more my preference to replace
one of the aging tube monsters here.

Good stuff Sorbothane.

Sorbothane was specifically designed for shock absorption
<https://www.sorbothane.com/what-is-a-good-material-for-shock-absorption.aspx>
and is manufactured to outperform every other material on the market.
What makes Sorbothane the best material for shock absorption?

  * It absorbs more than 90% of shock energy and more than 50% of
    vibration energy;
  * It performs in temperatures ranging from –20° to 160° Fahrenheit
    (–29° to 72° Celsius)];
  * It performs at frequencies ranging from 10 to 30,000 Hertz;
  * It’s damping ratio is 0.344 at 2.34 HZ;
  * It doesn’t support bacterial or fungal growth and is relatively
    unaffected by industrial solvents such as diesel fuel, kerosene, and
    hydraulic fluid;
  * It has an extremely long shelf life; and
  * It has a superior damping coefficient.

But I wonder about that temp rating :-)

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com