We just got back to upstate NY, on shores of St.
Lawrence River ...... and am dreaming about new
Elecraft products and projects we hams could build and
buy.  Please ping in with ideas & improvements:

1.  A 13.8vdc  dual-6146 TUBE AMPLIFIER, separate box,
with view of the tubes ... 200 watt PEP.  I know
it may sound odd - but TUBES crank it out better than
solid state - no matter what they tell us!  I'd buy
one in a heartbeat.  KIT (similiar ham project, to
HF PACKER .... FCC backs this amp form)  PARTS -
for Elecraft-BACKER-AMP, optional for this project
hf amp.  Powerable - from a 13.8vdc Astron type
supply.   BACKER-KIT project form only.

You wannna xmt SSB as SSB should be heard?  I think
every ham, over 40, would buy and use one!  Do you
remember the Heath HW-32/22/12!

2. A small separate POWER/SWR METER, hf, 160-10
or 80-6, 15/200 watt range, KIT.  BNC/SO-239
I/O's

3. A KIT vertical QRP/100W ANTENNA .... back packable,
with decent SWR and carry-able in form.

4. A KIT horizontal END-FED-ZEP ANTENNA ... back
packable, with decent SWR in carry-able form.

5. A KIT LOOP HF antenna, back packable, hangable,
plug-together, qrp to 200W.

6. An in-line POWER OUTPUT INDICATOR (bnc, bnc)
sensitive/viewable to .250 watt variance.
Two (2) versions;  NEON, mico-meter.

7. A marine-grade BOATABLE, tossable marine (river,
lakes) portable HF ANTENNA.  (Float, water ground
line, tow line, boyant)

8. Elecraft "Golf Shirt", XXL please!  White
please, and some form of cotton/poly - not
cheap.  Small K2 on front pocket.  Collar,
short sleeve.

9. Elecraft HF PORTABLE TUNER Kit; meter, dummy
load option, Elecraft K2 gray, 15/200W ranges.

Kit Summary:

           Elecraft HF-BACKER 200W 6146 AMP KIT
           Elecraft POWER/SWR METER
           Elecraft QRP Portable VERTICAL ANTENNA
           Elecraft QRP Portable ZEP END ANTENNA
           Elecraft QRP Portable LOOP ANTENNA
           Elecraft Output POWER INDICATOR
           Elecraft Marine Portable HF ANTENNA
           Elecraft GOLF SHIRT
           Elecraft ANTENNA TUNER - SWR/Power.

All of these potential product ideas - are suggested
to be stand-alone products .... and NOT to be built
into
any existing (K2) rigs.  Rather - share the table,
products.

It's early, and winter 06/07 is coming.  I believe if
you design it and offer it - we will come!

Thanks,
...I still have 3/4 of a roll of Kester Solder left!
Fred N3CSY
Cape Vincent, NY