On May 22, 2006, at 5:35 AM, Fred (FL) wrote:

As I said before, I DO NOT want to install an
hf amplifier INSIDE my K2.   A nice outboard amp
would suit me.  What are my small HF AMP
choices, in the 100/200W PEP ranges?

- HF Packer @ 35amp - hardly enough DB gain.
- Tokoyo 100W - a bit illegal to buy
- HF SuperPro 100W - if it becomes available
- ?

I think there are some amps from Italy but these also are currently illegal in the U.S.

The FCC, and probably the 11m CB'ers, haven't made
this easy.

The FCC has proposed easing the regulations and hopefully this will happen soon. If/when it does, the situation will change and I expect there will be additional (legal) choices, possibly including legal- limit amps which can be driven by a barefoot K2.

So a nice 100 or 200W PEP amp, for me, would be
a good addition on the desk space next to my
soon-to-be-aligned K2 # 5422.

As others have mentioned, installing the KPA100 in an EC2 enclosure is a good choice.

73 - Bob, N7XY