From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of kevinr
Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:16 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Report

Good Evening,

    Twenty meters was quiet and weak with moderate QSB.  Forty meters was such
that none of the people I called could hear any of the others. At times I was
trying to work three signals at once. But even though the order may be off we
got it done.  Except for dragging in WG7??  Forty meters was noisy from a
number of sources, QSB was higher, and the band was weak except to WM5F and
W6JHB.  However, when forty meters gets to this stage the next few nets are
usually better.

    Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed the transition into fall.
Grass is turning brown.  The sun is setting noticeably earlier, the
hummingbirds are thinning out, the salmon berries are almost gone, and the
foxgloves have gotten the the very last blossom.  It's time to start gathering
wood before the winter rains make the tracks too muddy.

    Hopefully they'll find a way to put out all the fires we have out west.  I
read this article earlier today proposing a concussive means of separating
flame from fuel.
https://warontherocks.com/2018/08/shocking-wildfires-into-submission-a-proposal/
Whatever helps them gain control of these firestorms is OK with me; even if it
is loud.

   On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K6XK - Roy - IA

AB9V - Mike - IN

W0CZ - Ken - ND

   On 7045 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

W6JHB - Jim - CA

N6KR - Wayne - CA

WG7(X?) pieced together from a number of folks but no response on call.

    73,

        Kevin.  KD5ONS

delivered to dwightander...@roadrunner.com