Good Evening,

   While most were reporting hot and some humid a couple of us were getting a day of ocean breeze.  I have been seeing smoke in the satellite images across the US from the Western forest fires. Today I got a report from North Dakota about the smoke.  Over the weekend the smoke from the California fires had gotten cleared out by the cool front.  But in the last few hours the smoke from the fires in Washington has returned.  There are fires in both Washington and California with smaller fires in Oregon.  The river systems route the smoke out to the ocean but they are not very efficient at doing so.  The last report I read had the Northern California fires slowing with 60% containment.  The fires farther south have yet to be tamed.  Those in Washington and Oregon are not as large and may be controlled this week.  A few days of steady rain would help the whole West Coast cool off and dampen those fires.  I am tired of coughing, sneezing, and crying.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

KL7CW - Rick - AK

K6XK - Roy - IA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA