Good Evening,

    Conditions were poor.  I was only able to work a few folks on each band.  Twenty meters was going places I haven't visited in a long time.  But nabbing Kansas on forty meters was even more odd. I ran both nets a little off frequency but QRM was a major problem on forty.  I had worked through the preamble when someone started tuning and kept tuning up for about five minutes.  That's not so difficult to get through but then he started calling CQ zero beat to me.  I tried closing down the filters and shifting off frequency a bit but could only get rid of some of his signal.  It also became difficult to determine who was answering which call. However, that also makes me work harder at getting you in my log.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K5PD - Al - TX

W0EAR - Don - MN

  On 7044.5 kHz at 0000z:

K6PJV - Dale - CA

W6JHB - Jim - CA

KW6G - Chas - CA

AC0E - Jim - KS

N6BS - Bill - CA

   I may need to move the second net's frequency because of continued QRM.  0.5 kHz may not be enough.  I have had deliberate QRM a few times in the past but I think this guy just can't hear me or any other person on the net.  However, winter is coming and the bands will change as the sun sets earlier.  With the changing seasons and its associated change in paths the nets should get easier.

   Until next week,

      73,

         Kevin.  KD5ONS

-