In a message dated 5/25/06 10:19:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> "Until the Orion came out, 99% of modern transceivers were up
> conversion radios. (K2 the exception)"  Rob Sherwood
>
> http://www.sherweng.com/Dayton_2004/Dayton_2004-Sherwood.pdf

A bit of hyperbole, that.

The Ten Tec Omni series, from the A to the VI+, are/were not upconverting -
their first IF is/was 9 MHz. Same for the original Argosy and the Corsair I and
II. The Delta used a 6.3 MHz first IF. In fact, upconversion to VHF is rarely
used in TT rigs (the Paragon is one exception).

73 de Jim, N2EY