> On Feb 9, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net> wrote:
>
> The Yahama C-500 and the Koss SB-40 are two good ones.   Not expensive but
> comfortable and good sounding for both the mike and the earphones.  Either
> works very well with the K3S.   I know, I have all of them.  My preference is
> the Koss SB-40 over the Yamaha C-500.

The Koss SB-40 is essentially a Yamaha CM500 with a dynamic mic instead of an
electret mic. Some people really don’t like the dynamic mic in the Koss SB-40.
I’ve heard zero complaints about the electret in the CM500.

The Koss SB-45 is a completely different headset design that does have an
electret mic. It sells for $25, much less than the CM500 ($60).

To muddy the waters further, my Yamaha CM500 has “KOSS” molded into the
microphone plug.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood