Hi Eric,

         I own an early K3, early KAT500, early KPA500, and early
KPA1500. Each a great product with great documentation and customer
support. I now also own a  FLEX 6600. SDR is the future of radio. The P3
just is not state of the art, and it's poor value for its cost. Its
shortcomings are numerous and known. The Flex has DAX which vastly
decreases the complexity of connectivity and keeps ports organized. The
Flex panafall display puts most controls at your finger tips rather than
buried in menus. The Flex exploits other SDR capabilities: Multiple
bands can be displayed simultaneously. A single Flex can do SO2R. But
the Flex has many shortcomings compared to the K-line: Poor and
frequently outdated documentation. Marginal customer service. Features
like remote capability, integration with non-Flex software, and SO2R may
be more difficult to implement than their ads would lead you to believe.
Those lacking networking skills may be at a disadvantage.

         A great SDR radio with Flex- like capabilities in connectivity
and panafall display and function that also has Elecraft quality
documentation and customer support would move Elecraft back to
leadership in HF radios.

         I have not been able to part with my K3. We have too much
history. But I now operate with my Flex driving the KPA1500. I'd dump
the Flex  in a heartbeat if a K4 could match or beat Flex functions and
maintain Elecraft's current level of documentation and customer service.

  K4KGG, Larry