In the past few years, I have thought of a couple of desirable features that
should be fairly easy to implement in a modern transceiver:

First, a “back” or “undo” button, not unlike an Internet browser.  Each press
would undo the previous control change.  This could eliminate the pregnant
pause that follows a “fat-finger” or “oops,” while trying to figure out what
the heck I just did that put the radio in a less-than-desirable condition.
Being able to quickly undo the last three or four button presses would be
really neat.

Second, being able to program “transmit enable” for the amateur bands with
one’s license/frequency/mode privileges.  This would prevent someone with a
general class license from transmitting LSB below 7178 or CW below 7025 in the
40 meter band.  After the general class licensee upgrades to extra class, the
radio would prevent them from transmitting LSB, below 7128, for example.  Many
times, I have heard amateurs accidentally transmitting outside their allocated
sub-bands, in the “heat of the moment,” while chasing DX.

Gary, KØCX

“Inquiring minds want to know:
What would you all like to see as a ?K4? ?
Eric
elecraft.com”