Selfishly, that’s why I continued to study for the Extea Class.

Then I went and really blew it by becoming a MARS operator.   ;)

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 23:10 Byron Servies <by...@n6nul.org> wrote:

> I am that ham. Once or twice a year, in the heat of the chase and
> spinning the dial, I blow it, and hate myself for months after.
>
> The real solution is for me to finally bother to study for and pass
> Extra, but still, that would be a tremendous feature for other fools
> like me.
>
> 73, Byron N6NUL
>
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:
> >

> > > On Mar 25, 2019, at 12:50 PM, Gary Peterson <kzer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > In the past few years, I have thought of a couple of desirable
> features that should be fairly easy to implement in a modern transceiver
> ... being able to program “transmit enable” for the amateur bands with
> one’s license/frequency/mode privileges.  This would prevent someone with a
> general class license from transmitting LSB below 7178 or CW below 7025 in
> the 40 meter band.  After the general class licensee upgrades to extra
> class, the radio would prevent them from transmitting LSB, below 7128, for
> example.  Many times, I have heard amateurs accidentally transmitting
> outside their allocated sub-bands, in the “heat of the moment,” while
> chasing DX.
> >

> > SMOP, just added to my personal wish-list. Thanks.
> >
> > Wayne
> > N6KR

> --
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2019
> - www.cqp.org

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*