Re: K4 with touch-pad.

Not all will want that. I suggest it made as and add-on accessory in matching cabinet and include spectrum display (of course). On the main radio a simple screen on/off switch to go from manual controls to touch-screen. Maybe it could do double-duty as remote panel with IP interface.

Keep diversity dual-Rx and provide I/Q interface for both Rx or include a top-end ADC's for computer I/F (suggest you look at the UADC4 to see a top-end unit). An ext I/Q connection as alternate to internal ADC is another option. Soundcards are old fashion way do ADC and most fall short of the performance spec of the radio.

Please keep the K4/10 option vs K4/100. KXPA100 works well with both my K3/10 and KX3. If you do a K4/500 please make that an option.
Kit versions such as done with K3 would be nice.

Trying to embed digital mode sw is not a good idea as there is constant upgrading to many. Unless you intend to install a dedicated micro internal to the radio (please shield well for digital noise). Then either mouse/keyboard or touch screen keyboard is needed.

If direct-conversion SDR is to be used can freq range include 2m. If you want to play in the satellite market then also need 432-438 MHz and crossband duplex with 144-MHz. Also ensure freq range extends to 630m band.

A better approach to covering 144/222/432/900/1296 would be a transverter accessory box. Consider PLL LO's referenced to 10-MHz std. At least 25w on VHF+. Please use N-connectors on 144+.

Better NB/NR

Others have covered the rest, so not going to repeat all.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com