GM Bill,

K3_EZ, Win4K3, and I believe N4PY's software allows adjustment of a variety
of the K3's parameters from your PC.  Of course, using macros is another
means by which you can change K3 parameters.  While not the favorite means
for many, I find using my PC and appropriate programs often a great way to
operate my K3's (plural).

That isn't to say I don't use the front panel controls.  I just don't use
most very often.  A friend purchased and then sold a K3 in spite of my
encouragement.  While being an Elecraft fan boy as a friend at the Prescott
Hamfest described me this weekend, I find the K3 front panel and menu system
"elegant" and the K4's even more elegant.  I can't wait to operate the
latter when it arrives in NM!  Maybe Wayne or Eric will have mine in Plano
next weekend (hint, hint)?

Not everyone is as enthusiastic about the K3 as I.  While I am amazed they
are not, I still call many of them my friends.  They're just the "other"
friends who don't own and use Elecraft gear.  Of course, one old friend who
owns an IC-7610 enjoys my bring the KPA1500 to his shack for contesting
weekends.  Linked together, that combination is a perfect demonstration of
the value in using effective station integration.  I use his normal station
as an example of why station integration is a requirement (in my mind) in a
contest at 2:00 a.m.

73 from Yavapai Campground in the Prescott National Forrest, Bill, K8TE

P.S. at 73 and somewhat arthritic, after two weeks of RV travel to and from
HamVention, activating counties and parks along the way, I was directed to
leave the HF at home for this long weekend.  I need to setup my home station
to operate remotely to avoid HF withdrawal.  However, looking at the WX
reports (thunderstorms), I am glad everything electronic is disconnected
from the outside world at the K8TE Command Post.

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/