Shu,

If you add the 58.5 foot wire to the 16.5' counterpoise, you have a 75 foot antenna. That is close to a half wavelength on 40 meters. You are feeding it off-center which will allow it to be used on several bands (even though one of the antenna wires is on the ground). As I recall, Bruce Prior (one of the KX2 Field Testers) recommended those lengths for 40 meters thru 10 meters. If you feed those 2 wires directly from the KX2 tuner using a BNC to binding post adapter, you do not have to worry about feedline loss - there is no feedline! If you do use a feedline, I suggest ladder line rather than coax because it will not have as much loss in the feedline due to an impedance mismatch.

The KX2/KX3/K3 ATUs have a very wide matching range and this antenna will work fine with any of their tuners.

73,
Don W3FPR