The only issue I've encountered with single band antennas, to staff a Field Day site to operate 2 or 3 stations per band, and 5 bands, there needs to be some 10 to 15 antennas erected.    Where as a single 135 ft wire with a balanced feed system, a good 1:1 balun, and a good tuner {not one of those internal radio 3:1 tuners} will allow each station to operate 5 bands with one antenna.   Thus 3 stations = 3 antennas.   That greatly simplifies operation and installation.

After all Field Day was conceived to allow hams to operate under less than ideal conditions and to commence operation as expediently as possible.   I don't think installing 10 to 15 antennas for 2 or 3 stations falls under the definition of expediently.

I totally agree with Joe, W4TV where he says "The one "multiband" antenna one can use in a multi-transmitter configuration is the flat-top with open wire feeders and a *Link coupled* tuner.  The link coupled tuner is a bandpass filter that significantly reduces harmonic/broadband noise just like the "Q" of a single band antenna."

The optimum end result of any multi transmitter site is to have clean transmitters.   We've been begging for better receivers, now it is time to beg for cleaner transmitters.

73

Bob, K4TAX