As usual, there are exceptions to everything. A multi-band beam, such as a C3S
or the modern equivalent, will perform incredibly well when used with bandpass
filters and a triplexer. The 10,15 and 20 meter stations all will use the
antenna through the triplexer/BPFs with no issues. This also turns out to be a
favorite setup for many SO2R and M/2 stations at both low and high power. The
key is port-to-port isolation through the triplexer/BPFs. It is extremely
important that all components can handle the power level in use. Also very
important is that the radios have very low spurs and phase noise (i.e. need to
have clean signals on transmit). The K3/K3S meets the bill, as do recent Flex
Radio SDRs. As Rob Sherwood has pointed out recently, the transmit issue (See
Oct QST and hi Dayton Contest Forum talk this past May) is pretty big in most
radios. They have been paying attention to receiver issues, but not
transmitter. We are very lucky that Wayne, Eric and friends have been p
 aying attention to this issue for many years.

73!
Jack, W6FB