Actually 1 ohm of total resistance from a 14V source and a 20A load would be more than excessive.  More like a 0.01 ohm is 0.20 volt drop for 20 amps.   I x R = E

View it as 3 series resistors across a 14 V source.   R-1 is the DC POS lead resistance, the radio which is a variable resistance as R-2, and  R-3 which is the DC NEG lead resistance.  Therefore, the voltage at the radio is equal to the IR drop being the sum of R-1 and R-3.

73

Bob, K4TAX