From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bob McGraw K4TAX
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 1:27 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500 antenna selection

For gosh sake, there are published specifications for the KAT500.  Page
2 of the manual.  If you are trying to use it outside of the published
specification then you are accepting the role of a very under paid
design engineer.    Talk to your boss about a pay raise but don't blame
it on Elecraft or the KAT500.

If it doesn't do what you need and your needs are outside of the
specifications, then one needs to ask "why did I purchase this item?".
The fact it does not cover 630 meters is understandable and is not a
fault of Elecraft or the KAT500.   The frequency range covered, per the
specs, is 1.8 to 54 MHz, continuous.

I have no sympathy, patience or understanding as to why someone wants to
use an item outside of the design specifications.  It just makes no
sense at all.  I often say if one wants to know where the issue lies, go
look in the mirror.

73

Bob, K4TAX