From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Rick Bates, NK7I
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 7:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500 antenna selection

I'll submit that the KAT500 was designed long before 630 meters was
generally open and the values needed to present a low SWR are far larger
than needed elsewhere.  Anything below 160M is a 'specialty' band that
far fewer will attempt.  However you COULD go through the values that
the KAT500 offers manually and see if something could work.

You could use an antenna analyzer in SWR mode (fixed freq not sweep) to
tune the antenna at almost any frequency (at flea power, all legally).

Rick NK7I