Good Evening,

   Sunny, chilly weather got me out working on the antenna again.  I added more guy line which let me flatten the angle of the enclosed V.  This will decrease the circularity of the radiation pattern favoring EW over NS.  It may not be noticeable. Drier ground lets me walk through the recent thinning without slipping around.  It will take a year or more for the undergrowth to fill in.  Many fewer branches allow much longer sight lines.  I need to build a few more antennas.

   It may be solar minimum but the ionosphere is still getting stirred up.  And there is a comet waking up. C/2019 Y4 should brighten until May 31st when it may or may not break up around the sun.  However, before that happens two asteroids are closing on the Earth's location in space.  They may or may not break up too. May you live in interesting times indeed.

   If your gray cells need perking up I recommend a few minutes at https://lichess.org/  Following their moves is like listening to high speed CW.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

_