I do not have KX2 but KX3.
KX3 internally set a PA temperature limit at which KX3 automatically reduces
power output.
Assuming that KX2 and KX3 are very similar, unless your KX2 automatically
reduces power output, the PA temperature is within the safe range.
I think running FT8 with 5W output is safe since I have made many FT8 QSOs with
5W.
You may attach any 3rd party heatsink if you want to feel safe.

73 de JH3SIF, Keith