From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Saturday 16 May 2020 17:16
To: Mike VE3YF <m...@ve3yf.com>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4???

Mike,

K4HDs will take longer. We were working on a final piece of the HDR module
when the lockdown hit. It also uses additional parts affected by the supply
chain, including crystal filters, different ADCs, etc.

Those who take delivery on a K4D can later upgrade to a K4HD at any time by
installing the modules in the field or by sending the rig to Watsonville.
Availability TBD.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

> On May 16, 2020, at 3:11 AM, Mike VE3YF <m...@ve3yf.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric:
>
> Thanks for the nice update. Your date projection for the K4 is very
promising, however as we all know that Federal, State and Municipal
governments can really throw a wrench into everything. Good to see that you
and the crew is being pro-active and getting the work environment all ready
to be utilized in an post Covid-19 efficient manner. I hope that everyone at
Elecraft is doing well through these trying times. One question though, will
the HD option be ready at the time the first group starts to ship, I have
ordered and paid for a K4D, but thinking I might upgrade to the HD version.

delivered to turnb...@net1.ie