Based on my experience, balun power ratings are for MATCHED conditions.  It is rare that hams use a balun in a matched condition.    Thus a 1:1 balun should see 50 ohms on the input and 50 ohms on the output, while a 4:1 balun should see 200 ohms on the output and 50 ohms on the input.   In the case of a resonant folded dipole, a 4:1 balun is typically operating in a nearly matched condition.    All others combinations are unknown and random.

I run about 500 watts on all bands.  My baluns are rated at 5KW!   It takes 3 or 4 big hunkin' pieces of ferrite to attain this power level.   My 6 meter balun is a 1/2 wavelength electrically of RG-213.  No ferrite!

Buy or build a balun of your choice.  Using an IR temperature gun, measure the ambient temperature of the core.  Run about 1/2 rated power carrier for 30 to 60 seconds.  Measure the temperature again.   If it is warm to hot, this is RF producing heat.   And likely continuing will produce core failure.   This is not a good balun for your application.

One of my baluns work between the output of my KAT500 and the balanced feed line connected to the center of a 256 ft wire.  That antenna works 160M - 6M with zero issues.   Now, I do run a hybrid balun being a 4:1 Guanella balun as a transformer, and it is fed with a 1:1 balun for common mode rejection.

Most single core, i.e. 2 or 3 cores stacked with 2 to 4 windings are not at all a proper balun design   A Guanella balun will have 2 cores with 2 windings and then another 2 separate cores with another 2 windings.  These are then wired to produce a 4:1 balun with good common mode rejection.    Most "factory" 4:1 baluns are poorly designed and built junk.

See https://www.dj0ip.de/balun-stuff/ for further references.

73

Bob, K4TAX