On 6/1/2020 6:37 AM, stephen shearer wrote:
Ground loops can be another issue.
I was having a "feed back" issue with my KX3/KXPA100 ans solved it eliminating ground/power loops.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!

First, ain't no such thing as a "ground loop." The real cause of problems we BLAME on this fictional condition is failure to do proper bonding within our stations and all other "grounds" in our homes.

BY LAW (Electrical Building Codes, usually a version of NEC or based on NEC), ALL grounds in any facility must be bonded together. At a minimum, all equipment plugged into the wall must have its chassis bonded to the green wire in its power cord.

In a ham station, every chassis must be directly bonded to the others by short, fat copper, AND all equipment that will be interconnected with the station (rig, computer, audio interface) should get AC power from outlets that share the same green wire back to the breaker panel.

Lots of detail on this in http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf and in N0AX's ARRL book on the topic, on which we collaborated.

73, Jim K9YC