From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Peter Kaletsch
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2020 3:47 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 working on motorboats - possible

Hello fellows;

You are my last hope as I cannot imagine that I am the only one in the world
who wants to try that.

For many months I have been trying in vain to get tips on how to operate a K3
well on a small 13 meter motor yacht. I am talking about fresh water usage
(Lake Garda in Italy), not salt water, and of a GFK built boat.

A dipole is eliminated, it is not a sailing boat. I thought of using a Tarheel
Antenna, but the manufacturer advised me against it.

So normal, shortened mobile antennas, mounted on the device carrier, where also
the antenna for marine radio is located, should point the way ...?

But how do I get a reasonably effective earth? I read a lot of negative things
about ground plates - fast growth, the hull has to be pierced.

I have already considered laying radials from the antenna base below deck in
the invisible area, but will this work...?

I am very grateful for every tip and every help - also to
pkalet...@kaletsch-gmbh.de

Thanks in advance

Peter - DL1MDZ

Peter Kaletsch GmbH | Fürstenrieder Straße 275 | 81377 München | Tel: +49 (0)
89 / 89 60 93 - 0 | Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 89 60 93 - 99 | i...@kaletsch-gmbh.de |
Handelsregisternummer HRB 108093 | Amtsgericht Muenchen | Steuer-Nr:
143/170/40017 | Geschäftsführer: Peter Kaletsch | Sitz der Gesellschaft:
München |
Hinweis / reference:
Die Inhalte dieser Nachricht dürfen nur für die beabsichtigten Zwecke verwendet
werden. The content of this Message may only be used for the intended purposes.

Message delivered to l...@lnainc.com