I have an Elecraft T1  ATU and am looking for some simple
antenna ideas for using it with my QRP rigs including my
Wilderness Radio Sierra and SWL-20.  I am new to this outdoor
portable QRP operations...so I apologize if the questions seem
very basic.

I would like a setup that uses the T1 and is easy to deploy at a
park or when camping.  I have been doing a lot of reading on
the W3EDP antenna and think I will start with that.  Is this a
good place to start?

It seems like a lot of people somehow manage to cut the right
length of wire and shoot it over a tree and make contacts.
Then there are other articles that talk about cutting the wires to
exact lenghts for performance.  Then there is another article
explaining that there is no magic in the length defined by the
previous article.

Any and all advice  on where to start would be helpful.  I have
a lot of band modules in the Sierra and would like an antenna
that lets me move around a bit.

Thanks in advance....

73 de Keith KB3ILS