<>For a field dipole I could use
<> that in an inverted V format I assume?  I did purchase a
<> collapsable pole to try some of those out.  If I used ladder line
<> or twinlead....would I need a balun in-line before connecting to
<> the T1?
<> If I understood you correctly, I could cut the dipole for 40M and
<> then use the T1 to use it on other bands.

You're on the right track Keith.  If 40 is the lowest frequency you normally
will use, then I would recommend you make your doublet 44 ft long (22 ft
each side) and feed it with any twinlead or ladder line.  The exact
impedance of the feedline isn't important.  The inverted V configuration
will work well and is very convenient with a single pole for supporting the
center.  Put one of the Elecraft 4:1 baluns at the T1 output and connect the
feedline to it and you will easily be able to tune all bands from 40 to 10.
You really don't want a resonant full size 40 meter dipole as it will be
difficult/impossible to tune on 20.  I think you will enjoy this setup.

           73
                     ... Craig   AC0DS