If you want to relive the "good old days", get on the air on Straight Key Night. It's a much better way to spend New Years Eve than drinking.

People bring out all kinds of old equipment and put it on the air. I have an entry in my log for a QSO with AE6C with the note, "SKN: running conar 1 tube to kpa500 + collins rx". And he sent me a old QSL to match, with a much younger photo of himself. The Conar was not not worth the 578 I gave him for tone, but charity is a virtue.

I was running my K3 with a J-38 straight key. Maybe I should have used my RockMite.

73 Bill AE6JV