Since noone has actually answered the specific question...

A few years ago, I was told by the Owner of Chamelon that the CHA
Hybrid-Micro used in that kit as the base & matching unit is 5:1 Unun.  The
manual of the kit has an SWR plot for various types of radiating
elements that can be used:  the vertical, vertical with extension, a length
of wire, etc. Whether or not a tuner is required to obtain an acceptable
SWR is going to depend a lot on what you intend to use for the radiating
element.  If you're planning on using the antenna with one of the vertical
elements on 40m, you're going to need to use the tuner in the KX2...which
will just fine.

The folks who have commented about using just a wire and binding post as
the preferred setup are not taking into considerations the various
operating environments that someone might be in.  I frequent desert and
mountainous areas in SoCal that have no trees or bushes of any meaningful
height.  In those cases, using a man-pack type of vertical (like the
Chameleon) is a very convenient antenna to use with a KX2 or KX3.

Tim

--
Owner, worldwidedx.com
AE6LX, Amateur Radio