The quickest and easiest method for zero-beating the NCS on an SSB net is just what Andy described . . . tune for the most natural sounding voice.  I suppose someone with lab instruments and scopes might come up with something more sophisticated  But, as others have pointed out, sophistication is seldom needed in general Amateur use.  There is only one station in a net that all stations need to zero-beat and that is the NCS.

The NCS doesn't care about stations off-frequency.  It is not his job to tune for anybody.  He stays put.  It's the responsibility of stations who are checking into the net to find and zero-beat the NCS, not the other way around.  In fact, a good NCS will lock his main VFO so he doesn't accidentally bump it.  If he needs to fine-tune someone, he uses his clarifier/RIT.

The same holds true for all stations in the net (or round table).  They should use their main (transmitter) VFOs to zero the NCS, lock it, and then use their clarifier (RIT) knob to tune incoming signals as desired.  Of course, SPLIT could also be used to accomplish the same thing as long as the transmitting VFO is zeroed to the NCS and locked and the operator doesn't get confused as to which VFO is doing what.

But again, I can't emphasize enough that the NCS chooses a frequency of his choice nearest the published frequency in order to establish as clear a spot as possible and all others zero-beat him.  This protocol has been in practice in National Traffic System work since the advent of variable frequency oscillators.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV