Took the words right out of my mouth. And how does a NCS know check-ins are off frequency, especially if it's a YL?

Wes  N7WS

On 3/24/2021 8:24 AM, Andy Durbin wrote:
"Calibration aside, stations checking into nets should always zero-beat the Net
Control Station regardless of where he is on the dial and regardless of the net's
published frequency."

O.k. I'll bite.   I started in amateur radio long enough ago to know how to use
a BFO and to know how to zero beat an AM or CW signal.  How does one zero beat
a suppressed carrier single sideband phone signal?  I just tune until the voice
sounds like I think the voice should sound like.  It is very subjective and I
certainly can't tune to less than 12 Hz error.

What technique are others using that enables them to "zero beat" SSB phone to
better than 12 Hz accuracy?  I seldom use phone but I'd like to have this technique in my
bag of tricks.

73,
Andy, k3wyc