KX3 protects itself from overloading signals by automatically switching preamp out and switching ATT on. If it happens  to you radio then you probably have overloaded RX issue. I am in the same situation here with KX3 and a neighbor only 1000 meters away. KX3 is pretty weak as far as BDR is concerned. K3 feels much better in the same environment.

73, Igor UA9CDC