In my experience it depends on the transceiver.  With some I prefer A, with
others B.  I have not noticed much difference with Elecraft rigs.

I used to think I liked A better, but after my squeeze-keying buddies switched
my K3 to B at FD one year when I wasn’t looking, I didn’t notice it for several
months.   True Iambic operators prefer B, or so they tell me.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

>>> An old friend, who has been inactive for several years, recently purchased
>>> a used K3.  This is the first transceiver that he’s owned that includes a
>>> built in keyer.  He has always operated CW with a straight key.  He has
>>> acquired Vibroplex paddles and wants to know whether to set the radio’s
>>> keyer for mode A or mode B iambic.  He has never used an iambic keyer or a
>>> bug, before.
>>>
>>> I learned iambic keying with a WB4VVF circuit board, back in the early
>>> 1970s, so mode B is what I prefer.  I know there are a lot of
>>> died-in-the-wool CW people who frequent this list and I would like any
>>> opinions as to whether it is easier for a newbie to learn iambic mode A or
>>> mode B.  I have no clue.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions that I can pass along.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>> KzeroCX