"Tried the new version of the Utility.   'Invalid handle' error when 'Copy New
Files from Elecraft' is clicked.  Unzipped the new beta firmware into my beta
directory, and when I tried loading the beta firmware I got 'Cannot start a
busy state machine' error."

All my testing was done with alpha loads sent to me by email.  I copied them to
a local directory, pointed the KAT utility to that directory, and then loaded.
Never saw the issue you report.

Utility is a standalone exe.  If you don't like the new one simply run the
earlier version.  I don't remember what the last officially released version
was but I have several versions filed away.

73,
Andy, k3wyc