Andy:

> On Oct 6, 2021, at 11:27 AM, Andy Durbin <a.dur...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> https://elecraft.com/pages/kat500-fully-automatic-tuner-firmware-and-utility
>
> New KAT500 firmware and also a new Utility version.   Quite a few issues
> fixed that are not mentioned in the release notes.

Could you note some of the ‘fixes’ that are not noted in the release notes?

Second, this firmware is marked ‘Beta’.  I typically don’t install stuff until
it is the production version.  So are the changes/enhancements significant
enough and the Beta is tested well enough such that I should go ahead and
install the firmware the next time I’m at the ham station in November (I
operate remotely)?  The currently installed firmware is 01.75.

Third, am I correct that the I can use an earlier version of the KAT500 utility
to install the new firmware and that older utility software will ‘play nice’
with the new firmware?  The currently installed KAT500 Utility is v1.16.7.25
that has a 2016 copyright date.

Thanks,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW/1
(Currently in Roslindale, MA)