"Could you note some of the ‘fixes’ that are not noted in the release notes?"

I don't have a complete summary in one place.  I'll try to put one together
later.  A few that come to mind are:

Does not fault when tuning with low power
Less likely to end a full tune sequence with a poor match
Antenna selection logic fixed in BYP mode

"Second, this firmware is marked ‘Beta’.  I typically don’t install stuff until
it is the production version.  So are the changes/enhancements significant
enough and the Beta is tested well enough such that I should go ahead and
install the firmware the next time I’m at the ham station in November (I
operate remotely)?  The currently installed firmware is 01.75. "

I don't load alpha or beta software unless I expect to gain something from it.
If you have no problems with your current installation, and don't need any of
the new features, why take the risk.

"Third, am I correct that the I can use an earlier version of the KAT500
utility to install the new firmware and that older utility software will ‘play
nice’ with the new firmware?  The currently installed KAT500 Utility is
v1.16.7.25 that has a 2016 copyright date. ""

The old utility has features that are no longer supported in the new firmware.
The new firmware has features that are not supported by the  older utility.
However, basic functionality such as displaying and editing the tuning solution
should still be compatible.

73,
Andy, k3wyc