I downloaded the Utility and Beta firmware and all is OK as far as I can
tell.

Ed.. AB4IQ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Andy Durbin
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 12:48 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500 beta 2.04

"Could you note some of the 'fixes' that are not noted in the release
notes?"

I don't have a complete summary in one place.  I'll try to put one together
later.  A few that come to mind are:

Does not fault when tuning with low power Less likely to end a full tune
sequence with a poor match Antenna selection logic fixed in BYP mode

"Second, this firmware is marked 'Beta'.  I typically don't install stuff
until it is the production version.  So are the changes/enhancements
significant enough and the Beta is tested well enough such that I should go
ahead and install the firmware the next time I'm at the ham station in
November (I operate remotely)?  The currently installed firmware is 01.75. "

I don't load alpha or beta software unless I expect to gain something from
it.  If you have no problems with your current installation, and don't need
any of the new features, why take the risk.

"Third, am I correct that the I can use an earlier version of the KAT500
utility to install the new firmware and that older utility software will
'play nice' with the new firmware?  The currently installed KAT500 Utility
is v1.16.7.25 that has a 2016 copyright date. ""

The old utility has features that are no longer supported in the new
firmware.  The new firmware has features that are not supported by the
older utility.  However, basic functionality such as displaying and editing
the tuning solution should still be compatible.

73,
Andy, k3wyc

delivered to ab...@comcast.net