Boy, a lot of comments on this topic.  I'll try to brief:

I bought my K3/10 in 2010. My primary use was for eme using transverters so I did not need 100w version. I did buy the KXV3 and TCXO-03, EXREF, and KRX3. Decided on the 8-pole filters (13, 2.8, 0.400 MHz in the main Rx and 2.8 in the sub-Rx).

Main focus was the low phase-noise LO and superb CW performance (I had a FT-847 before which I ran 2m-eme, but HF was mediocre). The K3 fit my needs (as my forever radio).

I acquired a KX3 plus 2m module and then the KXPA-100 (targeting portable/mobile use including as IF for mw operations). The KXPA-100 fit well with the K3/10 as a bonus.

Only had one issue needing repair on the K3 and that was my KI03A apparently was hit blowing up a ferrite choke and IC. I could have upgraded to a KI03B but really did not need the USB I/F. Part availability and perhaps manpower issue delayed return for about three months (summer 2019). I could not operate digital eme modes without the board.

Probably will not upgrade to a K4D, but sure looks nice. I', estimating maybe ten more years of ham radio (64-years as a ham, so far). One last solar cycle peak (first was 1958).

Certainly many new SDR to chose from now days.

Choosing a new rig is about what your needs and use are. A used K3 or K3s would not be a bad choice (if you want it fast). K4 is probably worth waiting for.

Side note: just bought new John Deere lawn tractor/mower for $4K ($400/year payback). But my old Craftsman is 13 years old (and it wants to retire). Well I've been retired 13 years.

73, Ed - KL7UW
2022 projects:
HF/6m 1200w MRF1k50 amplifier (kit)
2m-eme array/tower rebuild
16-foot dish rebuild
6-foot dish for 10-GHz eme
Renovation of storage shed into ham shack/work shop
just taking it easy this summer (and spending too much money)