what I find interesting is that MANY of our towns/counties and states continue to purchase MOTOROLA  radios, which has support for 6 years.

I may be incorrect , but I am the belief after 6 years your Moto is on its own, with NO factory support. AND THEY CHARGE A LOT !!!!

Sad as many of their radios are still working great after 20-30 40 years of service.

Looks like some of our expectations are just not realistic anymore...    it is all about the parts !!!